Friday, August 22, 2014

Tokyo Mini Album

This is a travel journal+album Lauren gave me


I jot down a few lines every evening at the hotel while I was in Tokyo, and add the rest of the stuff when I come home so the album and color pen is the only thing I bring with me


I was happy that I still remember how to write in Japanese


After I come home, I print the photos and add the maps I collected during the trip



the note was done when I was there so I won't forget when I come home



that way, I get my travel journal done as soon as I get home, it was quick and easy so I make another one following the same format, and this one is for my Europe trip, which I will be showing sometime later when I get a chance.


13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely album!! That was sweet of Lauren and you have filled it beautifully!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea to fill it as you go!! I love love love this!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!

Tieva-Design said...

A great combination of your thoughts and the pictures.
Gabi

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, it is GORGEOUS, Kirsty! What a great idea to bring the little album along with you to jot down the notes while it is fresh in your mind. Totally love the fun shape and size and how you can just go in later and add in the photos. SO fabulous!

Stella said...

It's a beauty! I love that you also shared a bit of your Japanese handwriting. Looks great!

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a GREAT album to take and jounal in as you go! LOVE the maps and the memories! Can't wait to see your next one!

alexandra s.m. said...

I LOVE your mini album Kirsty!
Thanks for sharing!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful album...the Japanese words look like art.

Manuela said...

WOW, what a fantastic album, it looks so great for me with the written characters!
great shots, too

Margik said...

This is a wonderful album. I love all beautiful details and photos.
Greetings from Spain. Mar

Sylvia said...

Beautiful album, Kirsty, you and I have so many places in common. I was last in Tokyo in 1986. We went four times and were some of the first visitors to Tokyo Disneyland. I did not learn to write Japanese, just learned a few words, but I enjoyed Tokyo and Kyoto.

Glenda Atkins said...

Another delightful and lovely album, you do these so well, love your creations!
hugs
Glenda

Greta said...

LOVE both of these! You're so organized & creative, Kirsty--always inspiring!