Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love in Phoenix

Every time when the year come to an end, I always have the thought of making a album and scrapbook the highlight and event of the year, but that plan always get abandoned because I lost track of the date and always felt like a chores to go find out the little details. So this year, I decided to just scrap the event whenever I have a chance. I bought a little binder from the thrift store a while ago, I need to get the cover done before I show it here, however, I am going to just go ahead and make the pages first.

Our first road trip of 2013

Phoenix Arizona
(January 11, 2013)



I applied the technique I learn from PTI Make it Monday #101 this week - Layered Embossing
You can check out Heather's fun video here.



Stamps from PTI are


Frame die cut - PTI frame out #12 die
Stamp (for the dotted square inside the frame) - PTI frame out #12 mini stamp set
Stamp on chipboard heart - PTI polka dots basic 2 stamp set
Stamp for date - PTI calendar basic stamp set




It was a short work trip, we had dinner with a vendor at Rancho di Tia Rosa, Mesa AZ


and the next day, we had lunch at Texaz Grill, Phoenix AZ before we head home


Yummy, yum, yum.....


Just in case you want to check out PTI Make it Monday #101

Here's the link -   MIM#101 -Layered Embossing



16 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Kirsty, I love your layout, especially how you got the double embossing to work 'cause that's tricky! Love the bits and pieces, the sewing, it all flows so well!

Glenda Atkins said...

Kirsty that is a fabulous layout and wonderfully embellished . Your double embossing is spot on, very lovely work!
hugs
glenda

Anonymous said...

your LO is fantastic- you will have a wonderful album then
Take care in the next 2 weeks- +hello from Elma

Denise van Deventer said...

Great idea to have an album and just scrap everyday events...I love that!!! Love the page you created too...super photo! ;-)

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely ... Great photo ... I just know you will fill that album really quickly ...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww you were here and I missed you!!! Maybe next month while we are in Vegas! :) I love love love your page! I AM LOVING that "O" in love and loveeeeeeeeee the stitching and the photo!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

scrapbookertink said...

Love your layout and great idea for an album, will be checking back regular to see how it's gong, take care x

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful beginning to a road trip, Kirsty and a fabulous page! Glad your year has started off with a lovely trip! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Unknown said...

What a nice way to save a beautiful memory Kirsty!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sue Lelli said...

Yum! Love the double embossing and the photo of the two of you! Looks like Love to me!

sandi said...

Oh Kirsty I just absolutely love this! What a fabulous lo and the stitching looks awesome!

Unknown said...

I love the sewing underline and the O stamped with a circle :)

Stella said...

At the end of the year this album will be filed to the brim with beauty. Phoenix...sounds amazing. Love the photo of the two of you:)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful start to your album.. I know it will be full of fabulous trips that you go on. Looks like you guys had fun in Phoenix.

Hugs~

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is beautiful Kirsty...I love the stitching.

Audrey Pettit said...

Great idea to work on this album as you go, instead of trying to do it at the end of the year. Love your first page. Such a sweet photo and design. LOVE your stamped title!