Friday, January 4, 2013

Chalkboard Art

When I saw Betsy's post with her lovely Chalkboard Art, I can't wait to try, and this week at PTI Make it Monday #98, she has a video tutorial on this wonderful chalkboard technique, I get into my craft room the first minute I can find to get this done...



I just love the chalkboard effect, definitely like to try a few more of these....





A lot of stamping done for this card

Stamps I used:
Swirl (below the hearts) - PTI Mat Stack 2 collection stamp set
Sentiment (on blue strip of cardstock) - PTI Big birthday wishes stamp set
Sentiment (on yellow strip of cardstock) - PTI Make a wish stamp set
Sentiment (on pink strip of cardstock) - PTI Embellishment stamp set
and 


Hop over to Nichole's blog (papertrey ink) to check this fabulous challenge out!



20 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the chalkboard looking card- !It remember me at my time in school!

Hugs
elma

Unknown said...

Oh this is lovely! Love the look of that chalk board.
Hugs xx

Ros Crawford said...

You made a wonderful card here Kirsty ... You did this technique to perfection!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is AWESOME!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the chalkboard effect and loving those hearts!!!

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Kirsty, love the chalk board and those strips of paper at the bottom for interest! Have a wonderful day, are you getting snow? It is not cold enough today for snow, but it is wet!

sandi said...

Wow Kirsty this is so neat looking! Love it!

Nancy Penir said...

Is it possible to love smudges? Lovely!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your chalkboard - perfectly balance and the rainbow of sentiments at the bottom is a great finish!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous card. Love the more noticeable smudges. And I adore the trio of colors at the bottom of your card.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it Kirsty, love the blackboard and chalk effect. Do they still call them blackboards? certainly reminds me of by-gone days!!!
hugs
Glenda

Sanketi said...

Wonderful take on this technique!

Unknown said...

Very cool. Love this.

Kelly Griglione said...

Love how you mixed the chalkboard with the strips of paper on the bottom. Fun card, fun technique!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how bright the word strips look against the black background. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

What a cool effect! I'd love to try this technique out. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Awesome!!! This week I also tried my hand at chalkboard art too!!! loooved it, what a fun technique!

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

That is amazing, wow, really love the effect! Thanks for sharing the tut with us Kirsty.
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Stunning job with the chalkboard technique, Kirsty!

Unknown said...

This looks amazing. So different. I love it.

Hugs~