Friday, September 23, 2011

LESSology challenge 2 ~ Trinket Box

Hey, I am back here for a project for LESSology Challenge # 2 - The Trinket Box Challenge


I started with my favorite eye cream.....


that comes with a cute little box....
and here's a little tutorial for you

trace the 4 sides of the box onto your favorite patterned paper


I like to mark it at the back of the paper so it won't get messed up...


glue them on the box and now the lid, I used kraft cardstock and add a little distressed ink on the edges...


a little stamping won't hurt....


so here it is......


so what should I do with those old book pages I cut out from my Paris Book project?


why not this? 
fold......


trim.....


glue.....


a little bit of mist + fabric.... TADA.....





now I think I just need a diamond ring inside.... LOL!

ok, come join in the fun at LESSology Challenge # 2 - trinket box challenge

Here is what you stand to win


One winner will take home the MKS Prize package - It contains: MSS-14 "Enjoy Today", MSS-11 "Computer Cutie", MSS-BK-07 "Vintage Wallpaper" and MSS-BK-08 "Vintage Music". Total retail value is $42.00

from our fabulous sponsor - Market Street Stamps


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable box!!! I love the flower gorgeous!!!

Laurel said...

So cute, love that gorgeous flower!

yyam said...

Such a beautiful project Kirsty! Love that awesome bloom! Thanks for sharing the tutorial! :)

Lynnda said...

This is so sweet and pretty box... great project Kirsty!!!... love this... hugs...xoxo

Anonymous said...

love the little box!
Elma

Sue Lelli said...

Kristy, that box is wonderful and that flower ~ well there just aren't words to describe how FABULOUS it is! LOVE the colors you chose, too!

Unknown said...

Kirsty your box is GORGEOUS, especially love that big flower on top, it makes such a fabulous embellishment!!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous box, Kirsty! Your flower is fabulous as well. Have a fun Friday!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous !!!!! Thanks for the tute, i love the flower and will be trying it out. Have a good weekend.xxxx

Lea said...

This is truly fabulous! I really love that flower!!!

Ros said...

This is gorgeous ... I love your flower!! ... thank you for your sweet words too

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so, so gorgeous,Kirsty! I absolutely adore that flower. Gotta try that one soon. TFS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this Kirsty!! I loveeeeeeee that flower! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I couldnt resist and see it before.
I'm gonna make a flower like that, this is too cute.
Hugs xx

cnelson said...

Wow! So FAB! LOVIN' that flower!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. That flower is amazing. The whole box is amazing.. I just love it. I might have to give this a try!!!

Hugs, Linda

Amelia Khalik said...

That is one awesome bloom!! Tfs this tutorial. Gorgeous box! :)))

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous tutorial. I must try making that gorgeous flower. :)

Linda Breedlove said...

What an adorable box, Kirsty... I love the flower.

Ella Swan said...

You are so clever Kirsty! I love how you creatively decided what to do with those old book pages & thanks for the little photo tutorial!!

jacirascrap said...

Adoro demais sua caixinha...

Juls said...

just so fabulous and gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Иришка-Лав said...

Ого Спасибо за мастер класс! Захотелось сразу коричневую пудру для эмбоссинга!!!