Saturday, April 9, 2011

How old are those EYELETS in the box?

First of all, I am sharing the layout that made me SCRAPBOOK ADDICT OF THE MONTH (March) at SCRAPBOOKERS ANONYMOUS!
Thanks ladies for this award and the fun challenges every month!




You can see the original post HERE!


Now to April Challenge at Scrapbookers Anonymous
This time is to use at least 23 eyelets in your project, fun huh???


I have this box of eyelets for the longest time, one thing I am sure is that they are at least more than 9 years old because I had them before I moved to New York City. When I saw this month's theme, I can't wait to get started.......



I have to admit that I am not very good at those eyelets, I either tear the paper up or smash the eyelet, well, 23 of them, I get a real good practice this time..... LOL!


I used 16 on the left and 7 on the right, YAY!! I used up 23 pastel eyelets from that box, many more to go......


me and my one and only brother when we were young....


I am using Pixie Dust Paperie March Kit "Floribunda" here....


I just love the DP in this Pixie Kit......


These pastel eyelets are too fun to play with.....


ya, I did make a few unwanted hole on the DP, but I covered them up with tiny butterflies.....


I must be around 2+ in this photo....



Alright, your turn to dig out those eyelets and join the fun over at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

I hope you have a lovely weekend filled with lots of fun, I am off to San Francisco for my kind of fun, food, baseball game at my favorite stadium, and then food and another baseball game! whew....... it has been a long time since I last traveled, can't believe that I used to lived in a suitcase, what have Vegas done to me????


28 comments:

Amelia Khalik said...

First n foremost Congrats!!! omg...i'm still amazed on how u can used that many eyelet! n looking at ur stash..9 years?? serious??? wow..anyway..beautiful layout, love the pp's!! :)))

Ros said...

Congrats to you!!! So well deserved too ... my Kirsty ... you were just the cutest little girl ever! ... love this LO what a clever way to use those eyelets ... just blows my mind! Excellent take on the challenge ... must be another winner for sure ...

Heather Jacob said...

congrats to you woo hoo !!!! this page is so divine Kirsty ... I just adore it and that pic of you is such a darling ..... soooooooo cute ....eyelets are quite an old element, I have heaps of them ?????? all different colours .. love this technique ..big hugz x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the new lo you made for their challenge!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos of you, the flowers and those butterflies!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats Kirsty! These layouts are adorable! I probably have a million eyelets that I have collected over the years! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sylvia said...

So beautiful, Kirsty! Love both pages and congrats on the first one. Love the eyelets. I am with you, I usually smash them!

Theresa said...

Smashing!!!! I love it Kirsty. =) Great idea and I love the butterfly trails. Thanks so much for sharing our site and for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations that MME papers are stunning and your color matching with your flowers is beautiful. I threw out all my eyelets ages ago...you got such a cool use for it.

Karen Williams said...

this is gorgeous as is your winning Lo from last month- love the butterflies mixed in with the eyelets- hope you are trying out for the design team at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Martina said...

You're one talented scrapper Kirsty - one card is more beautiful than the other! Have a fun trip and enjoy every minute!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA....Beautiful layouts. Love the flowers and the butterflies. :)

Melissa said...

That's a beautiful layout with the eyelets - wonderful idea to use them trailing through the butterflies. Congrats on Addict of the Month!

Unknown said...

KIRSTY WHAT A CLEVER WAY TO USE THE EYELETS

Ella Swan said...

EXCELLENT Kirsty - love your first layout with the flowers - and the punching - beautiful! And the eyelets in the second one! Brilliant - you used them in a really modern way!! Oooh don't we all have stax of those things? I might play with that challenge just to get rid of some hee hee...

Unknown said...

Congrats to you my friend.. Your pages are always so pretty... Including this one. I just love all the eyelets.. Your did a fabulous job.. And your photos are sooooo darn cute. We had a VW when I was little also..

I hope you have a blast in SF.. I am so jealous I love that city..

Hugs, Linda

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Congrats Kirsty!!! :) I love your layout the dash on of orange on the first one is so sweet!! and lovely use of eyelets on the second one!! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome layouts!!! tfs!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow that is alot of eyelets on a layout! You did awesome! Love the composition of the photos and the pink paislee paper!

papertrails leaver said...

Good for you to conquer the eyelet challenge so brilliantly! It looks amazing! :-)Amy

Lynnda said...

WOW... this is so beautiful Kirsty... great used of those eyelets... and I heart the photos too... Thank you so much for playing along with US over at scrapbookers Anonymous...hugs...xoxo

Sue Althouse said...

Those eyelets are perfect with your butterflies! Great combination and such a pretty layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Lea said...

Holy wow! Beutiful layout! Love what you did with the fussy cut flowers! And those eyelets look fantastic!!!! Oh and how cute are those pictures!!!!!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

yyam said...

Lovely use of those eyelets Kirsty! :)Love the torn edge and the decorated punch edge...a really nice visual effect.

P/s: I'm not fantastic with my eyelet setting either....;0

Unknown said...

Superb layouts Kirsty and your use of those eyelets is ever so pretty!! They go well together with the lovely butterflies!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE those cute pics of YOU! FAB layout, Kirsty, and the way you used those eyelets is pure genius! Congrats on your honor!

Stella said...

Congrats on your wi'; so well deserved. Your LO's are always stunning.
Your idea how to use these eyelets is brilliant and how clever of you to hide a few extra holes with your butteflies :)
Another handmade beauty!

Denise Pustelniak said...

AS USUAL, your LO is terrific!

Deb Hickman said...

Another great LO !!!!! I love howbyou've used the eyelets, very pretty. Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxxx