Saturday, January 29, 2011

A sister is someone you grow up with.....

This layout is made using the sketch over at

Sketch # 140



I did some doodling on the layered flip hearts



these blooms are one of my favorite from Pixie January Kit "My Funky Valentine"



the chipboard letters are also from Pixie January Kit


this photo of Clare and Dolce was taken in 2004, at the Heshey's Chocolate World, Pennsylvania 


I didn't plan to use the MS butterfly punch this way, but oh well.....
sometimes the project just didn't turn out the way you had in your head right?


Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for your care and concern, I am feeling so much better today, ready to go out and have some fun!!!!

** ** **
Click HERE to link to my GIVEAWAY post



16 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a lovely & heartwarming layout!! That is such a precious and I love the handmade embellies :) The background lace paper is so pretty :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty layout, kirsty! adorable precious photos of your two girls. love all the cute pinks and layered embellies. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend :)!!! *hugs* steph :)

Paper Paradise said...

What a great take on the sketch. To use the circles rather than squares works so well, the layout is beautiful. Sue x

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to have a sister, I'm blessed with one, too :-) You did right to both of your girls, made a wonderful LO with one of their pics, lovely details. Have a great day, Ira

Ros said...

Such a lovely LO Kirsty ... what lovely pictures too ... you did a fantastic job with the sketch ...

Lea said...

This is so pretty!!! Love the different kinds of embelishments you've used!

Mônica Castro said...

So beautiful LO, and I loved your blog ...
thanks for visiting me ...

Emily Leiphart said...

This is darling, Kirsty! I love the photos of your girls. All the intricate layers in the hearts and lace borders are amazing! I love your layouts and this is no exception!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful lay out!

Unknown said...

This is Such a cute LO.. The minute I saw the sketch I knew I would love what you did!!
Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

Hugs, Linda

Joan Ervin said...

Awww, what sweet pictures and your layout is divine....love how you used the red silk flowers!!!!!!!

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful page, you must be feeling better!

Stella said...

I think you made an amazing LO. Perfect take on the sketch and I love the birght and happy colors. The pictures are gorgeous!
It's good to read you're feeling better; enjoy your day!

Davi said...

Awesome LO Kirsty...a wonderful fun way to showcase those precious pics. :)

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

such a sweet layout of the gurls Kirsty! and that's such a true title..a sister is def someone u grow up with! :) I love your handmade embellies too!

Ginny said...

A very beautiful page. I love the what you did with the heart embellishment. You did a great job with the sketch using 2 photos. And that butterfly mat is just gorgeous!